Tuesday, October 30, 2012

M-Audio Axiom Pro 25 Midi Controller is a Piece of Shit



I demoed the Axiom Pro 25 for about a month and the only good thing I have to say about it is the drum pads are OK. This keyboard is 199 retail. This is above the cost of a video game system when I was a kid and above cost of an Xbox 360 today. You'd think I'd be able to get a quality keyboard.

The Axiom Pro has no internal sounds. Oh wait it does: Squeeky springs. The bottom keys play fine and are almost silent, but the top black keys make spring noise. This is what happens when your outsource your build.

Overall the software and USB stability is no greater than Novation or other brands. The interface is confusing. Program changes are hard to do on the 25 key. I had to use the manual to find out the secret button combo. Worst is the outer rounded egdes are obtrusive and prevent me from playing normally.

I still hate M-audio as a company, their support, and all their poor products. I gave them a chance again and they failed me. M-audio still caters to low budget products with zero value for users. I cannot recommend the M-Audio Axiom Pro 25 for anyone who respects themselves as a synthesist or keyboard player.

No comments:

Post a Comment